Sunday, February 16, 2014

Luck of the Irish

With Valentine's Day behind us, I was itching to get something fun for St Patrick's Day on our front door. 

If I'm being honest, I really wanted a boxwood wreath. Have you seen those? ***swoon*** But they are too pricey for my frugal self, so to JoAnn's I go with my coupons. 

I didn't want a traditional wreath. So I wandered the asles looking for inspiration. When I found this tin holder with three milk bottles on it, I was sold! A couple flowers later, I was heading home to create! 

I started but cutting the flowers to a shorter height. Placed a few silver pebbles I had laying around into the jars and arranged the flowers until I was happy. 

Then I began working on a little luck!



I'm obsessed with banners right now. Burlap, chevron, chalkboard, with words, without... Any banner really. So I grabbed my stencils and a green marker and wrote out LUCK on tiny pre-cut pendants from Martha Stewart crafts. 

This only took a couple minutes and I strung it on some gray & white bakers twine and tied it to the jars. Done! 


The whole project took less than 10 minutes and instantly I feel more festive. I can't wait to think about the other ways I can use this jar base for upcoming holidays. More to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment